Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Religion

Debate on Religion in America seldom occurs. Religious people are so stuck in their ways that they refuse to acknowledge science or common knowledge that can easily debunk their beloved gods. Spirituality and morals were around way before any concept of god or religion, but Christians act as though they have a trade mark on morality. Religion strips a person’s individuality from them and forces them to become something that they were never meant to become. Spirituality was founded on being true to ones self, organized religions stole spirituality and added their own twisted morals in order to control and brain wash their followers. If people would realize that religion is not needed to be spiritual and live a prosperous life then they wouldn’t flock to these churches by the millions. Religion is just a way to confuse people and prevent them from finding their own meaning of their own life. It is imperative that people become individual thinkers and question things that they believe are fallacies. I was once indoctrinated by Christianity, but I woke up and began to question things I was told not to question. Dropping Christianity granted me the ability to give my own life a meaning without worrying about some god in the sky judging me. In addition, I began to question why would a creator judge its creations when his creations are not godly like the so called creator. I could write for day’s questioning religion, but I will not because I have come in connect with my higher being, and I am comfortable with my own spirituality. It is up to those questioning their religion to do their own research and look in to them selves for guidance on spirituality. A great book to read is “The God Delusion” by Richard Dawkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment